Naxos - The Eternal Island DVD-ROM w/ Booklet in Greek (Clearance 35% Off, Was 24.95 Now 14.95)
'A lot of sweetness in this island, very quiet, the faces of the people good natured... and the sea calm'. This is how Nikos Kazantzakis described Naxos in his book "Report to Greco". Naxos rises proud and imposing in the centre of the cycladic islands. Scenes of the unique landscape and history are forever imprinted in memory. The archaic temple of Apollo, the traditional town of Chora with the Venetian castle, the impregnable towers, the sandy beaches, the rich valleys, and the green olive groves all combine to form a diversified landscape that makes us stand in awe in front of nature's and man's creation.
The book is a thorough presentation of the island with bilingual parallel texts. It includes information on the history of the island, the archaeological sites and findings, the environment, the economy, as well as numerous photographs. It is also a user's guide for the respective DVD-ROM, including content from the electronic edition. The aim of these two editions is to offer a structured thesaurus of knowledge about the island that will point out its cultural distinctiveness.
Softcover, 191 pages
Naxos DVD-ROM is a multimedia program for the voyagers of Greece who wish to discover the island with the traditional town of Chora and the venetian castle, the impregnable towers, the sandy beaches, the rich valleys, and the green olive groves.
- Original texts based on extended bibliography on the fields of local history, archaeology, mythology, economy, modern life etc., as well as on site research
- Conscientious language
- Systematic structure of teh material
- Ingenious dynamic linking
- Rich and high quality multimedia material (almost 40 minutes of video and more than 400 photographs are included)
- Multimedia content retrieval tool based on fuzzy matching techniques
Minimum system requirements:
- IBM PC or compatible
- Microsoft Windows 98/Me/2000/XP
- Pentium II 333 MHz processor
- 128 MB RAM
- 50 MB free hard disc space
- DVD-ROM drive 6X or faster
- MPC compliant sound card
- True colour (24 bit colour depth) display card 800x600 resolution